– Health benefits of baking powder that people do not know.
– The importance of baking soda aside baking.
To many of us, baking powder is a major ingredient that chefs use in the production of snacks and other edible products. We know it to be an ingredient we use for cooking.
It is also correct to refer to it as a rising agent because it ultimately contains sodium bicarbonate, so when we mix it with other ingredients, it causes a dough to rise.
Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, a natural substance that is crystalline but often appears as a fine powder. It is a major ingredient in the kitchen but surprisingly, it has health benefits too.
The health benefits of baking powder include:
1. It contains antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and this helps to combat skin and oral problems when it is applied correctly.
2. It also helps to minimize a cough and sore throat.
3. Baking soda also fights acne and pimples. It is not a harsh chemical, so it is not harmful to the skin if applied proportionately. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties present in it helps to reduce acne, pimples, and others.
It is also a face exfoliator; it removes dry skin from one’s face.
4. Using baking soda on the teeth is also an excellent means of having a white set of teeth.
5. It eases stomach pain, indigestion problems, and Ulcer Pain. The sodium bicarbonate present in the baking powder helps in neutralizing stomach acid, helping to relieve heartburn, indigestion and even ulcer pain. I
6. Baking soda also relieves sunburn and sunburn blisters.
7. Baking powder is also a natural hand and feet softener if we rub it on the hands and feet, it leaves them soft and clean.
8. It can also reduce skin discomfort, it is a means of itchy skin relief.
Aside from the baking and cooking benefits of baking powder, there are some health benefits of using it.