– Benefits of guava leaves.
– Why you must include guava leaf tea in your diet.
A lot of people are already familiar with the benefits they can get from guava leaves. But little or no attention is paid to what guava leaves are capable of doing.
Guava leaves have several medicinal properties and offer an array of health benefits. This is why they are regarded as an herbal treatment for several diseases.
These leaves are a powerhouse of antioxidants like Vitamin C, and flavonoids such as quercetin.They also contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents and beneficial tannins.
You can make guava leaf tea just by soaking guava leaves in a cup of hot water. Here are some interesting health benefits of guava leaves:
1.Guava leaves are effective in treating various diseases such as; diabetes, prostate cancer, diarrhea, dysentery, etc. Cough and cold inclusive.
2. They are also natural pain reliever with no side effects.
3. They promote weight loss by preventing complex starches from converting into sugars.
4. Guava leaf also lowers cholesterol.
5. Guava leaf also improves the quality of sleep because it calms the nerves and this makes it easier to fall asleep.
6. It boosts the immune system, thereby reducing the risk of various illnesses.
7. Guava leaves also help the digestive system and aids digestion. Guava leaves are particularly beneficial in case of food poisoning as well as soothing vomiting and nausea. It also relieves stomach ache.
8. They prevent hair damage and hair loss. Guava leaves can be boiled and massaged into the scalp to stop hair loss.
9. We can also use them for the treatment of bronchitis, toothaches, gum diseases, sore throats, wounds and infections, acne and black spots, etc.
10. Also, they are good for the brain, they improve the skin texture, help in reduction of allergies, they have anti-aging benefits, they promote heart health, etc.
Benefits of guava leaf are numerous, they are as medicinally useful as the nutritional powerhouse fruit they grow with. We can brew guava leaf and use them to make a tea.