– Some causes of breast cancer that you should know.
– The symptoms of breast cancer.
The cancer of the breast is cancer that affects a lot of women over the world. As the name implies, it affects the female gender.
A cancer is a disease in which the cells of a tissue undergo an uncontrolled proliferation. It is a malignant growth that can affect
any part of the body.
Cancers are diseases that start as abnormalities developed in cells, leading to abnormal growth patterns.
Breast cancer is cancer arising in breast tissue. Breast cancer occurs when some breast cells begin growing abnormally. It is a type of cancer that occurs when a malignant tumor form from cells within the breast.
When one discovers the cancer of the breast early enough, it gives you a possible and a better chance of successful treatment.
Screening tests can help find breast cancer in its early stages, even before any symptoms appear.
There are common signs and symptoms of breast cancer that also helps one to discover it early, they are;
1. A lump or a hard mass in the breast.
2. A thickening of the breast that feels different from the surrounding tissue
3. Also, one can feel that there is a change in the size, shape or appearance of a breast.
4. Redness of the skin of the breast can also occur.
5. Nipple pain or nipple discharge can also occur.
There are a number of things that cause breast cancer. Also, a number of inherited mutated genes can increase the likelihood of breast
The most common gene mutations are BRCA1 and BRCA2. These genes greatly contribute to the risk of breast cancer.
Another risk factor for cancer of the breast is when one has received radiation treatments on the chest even as a child, it can result
into cancer later.
Other factors that increase the risk of breast cancer include drinking alcohol, obesity, Postmenopausal hormone therapy, etc.