– Some important benefits that we can derive from rice water.
– Uses of rice water.
Rice is a cereal plant that belongs to the family of ‘Oryza sativa’ of the grass family whose seeds serve as food for mankind.
Rice contains vital nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and other phytonutrients that aid healthy living.
It is a good source of carbohydrate which serves as an energy booster for the body. Aside from, the health benefits of rice, it can also benefit us in some other ways.
When we combine rice with water, it can offer us many health benefits. This is surprising!
Rice water is full of vitamins and minerals that are superb for both hair and skin, that is why it is not surprising that people bathe and wash in the water used for cleaning rice in some countries.
The surprising health benefits of rice water include the following;
1. It is great for skin health. Rice water contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids which are essential for beautiful skin. It contains potent nutrients that help to brighten and soften skin.
It also helps to tighten the pores that we have on the skin, it reduces the pore size thereby leaving us with a fresh skin, it keeps the skin smooth and glowing.
2. Rice water also soothes burns, it contains beneficial nutrients that help in cooling inflammations and burnt skin.
3. Also, to some people, it serves as a face cleanser, leaving the face soft and radiant.
4. It is also helpful in the treatment of acne and eczema. The starch components in rice water are effective in easing the effects of eczema and acne on the skin.
5. It is also good for the hair, it helps you to achieve that long, silky and shiny hair that you always want. Rinsing your hair with rice water helps to maintain a strong and healthy hair.