-The health benefits of cabbage.
– Why it is important to include cabbage in your diet.
A cabbage is an edible plant that has a head of green leaves that are beneficial to the health. It belongs to the family of brassica ole race, cabbage also varies in color.
Also, often times cabbage is taken to be lettuce because they are similar in appearance. Both cabbage and lettuce belong to the cruciferous vegetable family.
Other vegetables that fall into this cruciferous family include kale and broccoli. These vegetables help to improve diet.
There are many health benefits of eating cabbage, that is why it is good to include this nutritious vegetable into our diet.
The following health benefits of cabbage will make you eat cabbage;
1. Cabbage helps in the treatment of constipation, stomach ulcers, and other stomach related conditions.
2. Vitamin C is one of the vital nutrients that we can find in cabbage. Vitamin C serves as an antioxidant that helps to fight diseases and reduces free radicals in the body.
3. When you eat cabbage, it also helps in building a strong immune system and also helps in repairing the wear and tear on the body.
4. Also, cabbage is very helpful in treating ulcers, certain cancers, depression, and defending against a cough and cold.
5. Cabbage also has a number of anti-cancer compounds, like lupeol, sinigrin, and sulforaphane, which is known to stimulate enzyme activity and prevent cancer.
6. Eating cabbage also brings about the proper functioning of both the nervous system and the immune system. It can also speed up the healing process for wounds and damaged tissues.
7. Cabbage is rich in beta-carotene which promotes eye health.
8. It is also good for weight loss.
9. Cabbage also aids digestion.
10. Eating cabbage helps you to prevent skin and body disorders such as eczema, jaundice, scurvy, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, eye disorders, heart diseases, aging, and Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
It is important that you include this beneficial vegetable in your diet.