– Why it is necessary to consume eggplant.
– The benefits that we can derive from eating garden egg.
Eggplant has many names that include, garden egg, aubergine, guinea squash, melon gene, and brinjal, etc. It is called an eggplant because of its unique egg-like shape.
An eggplant is an edible fruit of the plant ‘solanum melongene. Most of the times, it is purple in color.
There are many benefits we can derive from eating eggplants, naturaly, eggplants contain anthocyanins, compounds that belong to a class of naturally occurring phytochemicals known as flavonoids.
The skin of an eggplant is highly nutritious; in fact, many health benefits of garden egg are derived from its skin.
The skin of eggplants is full of fiber, potassium, phenolic content, magnesium, and antioxidants. Consuming this vegetable helps us to reduce the risks of diseases and infections.
Also, there are many health benefits of eating eggplants, some of them include;
- Eggplants contain fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient contents and these aid heart health.
Also, garden egg is rich in flavonoids which help to decrease the risk of mortality that emanates from heart diseases.
- Also, eggplants help us to fight cancer, the polyphenols in eggplant have anti-cancer effects in the body.
- Eggplants also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that protect our body cells from damages and also wade off free radicals from the body.
- They also stimulate body enzymes, they detoxify the enzymes within cells as well, bringing about body health.
- The nutrients in garden eggs also protect us from cardiovascular diseases.
- Eating eggplants aid weight management and decrease the risk of obesity.
- They also help in maintaining a good cholesterol level.
- Eggplants are also great for skin health, they nourish the skin.
The numerous benefits of eggplants are very important to the health, Do yourself good by incorporating it into your meal.