– How to know when a leg pain or numbness is affecting an individual.
– The basic ways to treat leg pain.
At one time or the other in our lives, we all experience either pain or numbness in your legs due to one factor or the other.
Numbness in the leg involves an absent or reduced sensitivity in the leg, it also involves the inability of an individual to experience any feeling or effect in the leg region.
Also, when a person experiences pain in the leg, the person will feel aches and unpleasant sensations coupled with discomfort in the leg.
Leg pain and numbness can be mild and it can also aggravate to a severe and debilitating pain that makes it difficult for a person to carry out certain everyday activities.
The pain and numbness can also affect either one leg or both legs. This condition might also be accompanied by both neurological and physiological effects on the individual.
The symptoms of leg pain and numbness include the following;
1. Pain in the leg and this pain can either be mild or severe. The pain will not only affect the legs, it can affect the back, the feet as well as the thigh.
2. A feeling of discomfort also accompanies the pain.
3. Burning and itching.
4. A weakness that might affect either the legs alone or the whole body in general.
5. Being sensitive to any little touch.
6. Inability to sleep well is also a symptom.
7. Tingling of the leg.
8. Difficulty in doing everyday activities or task, among others.
There are a number of things that can cause leg pain and numbness, some of them are;
- Spinal tumors and infections.
- Crossed legs or a poor positioning of the legs.
- Lumbar degenerative disc disease.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Spondylolisthesis, etc.
After proper diagnosis, it is important to treat leg pain and numbness, some ways to treat it include;
1. Go to a hospital for proper treatment.
2. Getting a massage also helps.
3. Exercising the legs is also another means of overcoming the pain.
4. Using a hot compress on the affected area is also effective, this is also called the heat therapy.