Benefits of Cashew tree
– The importance of cashew tree.
– What cashew contributes to the health.
The cashew tree grows in abundance and it can be seen everywhere. The nutrients embedded in cashew tree is not minimal, starting from its fruits to the leaves, to the bark of the tree among others.
It is not only from cashew fruits that we can get nutrients, essential nutrients are also in its other parts, even the nuts.
Parts of cashew tree that have been recorded as medicinal are the leaves, the fruits, and the bark.
Health benefits of cashew tree are;
Cashew tree has many medicinal properties, health benefits, and nutritional benefits.
1. Cashew leaves are medicinal, both the young and the mature leaves. We can make tea with the leaves (preferably the young ones). The tea is also useful in the treatment of dysentery and diarrhea because the leaves contain astringent properties.
2. Cashew can also be used as tonic and stimulant, the fruit juice acts as tonic and stimulant.
3. Also, the barks and leaves of Cashew tree help to fight against germs and bacteria. They also lower blood sugar, fever, body temperature and blood pressure.
4. Cashew has the ability to build a strong immune system for the body. It enhances the immune system, thereby fighting sickness and keeping the body healthy.
5. The cashew tree is a great source of magnesium that is necessary for healthy bones, tissues, muscles and the improvement of organs.
6. The essential nutrients in cashew also help in maintaining heart health.
7. It also serves as a form of a diuretic, and anti-diuretic, astringent and sedative.
8. Extracts from the bark of cashew tree are also useful in the treatment of diabetes.
9. Cashew also contains phosphorous that aid bone and oral health.
10. The vitamin C content in cashew helps to combat catarrh, cold and some other flu.