– The nutritional benefits we can derive from palm oil.
– Reasons that will make you use palm oil.
Palm oil refers to an edible plant oil that we can derive from the fruits of oil palm which is also palm fruit. It is also a very useful vegetable oil that is derived from various types of oil palms.
The main varieties that people use in the production of palm oil are African oil palm (Elaeis guineensis) and American oil palm (Elaeis oleifera).
Although this oil is not the most popular of all the tropical oils, it has its essential benefits. Also, palm oil is naturally a reddish-orange color because it has a very high beta-carotene content.
People use red palm oil for a variety of things, you can fry with red palm oil, it also serves as ingredients in the preparation of stews and soups.
People also prepare foods such as porridge, vegetables, beans and some other food items with it.
This red palm oil is popular in many countries of the world. In fact some people refer to it as the best of all healthy oils that we can record.
Palm oil is natural and also has natural benefits that are beneficial to the health.
It is also one of the very few naturally saturated vegetable fats, which means that it is often used to increase the LDL cholesterol in a person’s body, which helps to prevent cardiovascular disease.
Some of the benefits of palm oil include;
1. Palm oil has the ability to improve energy levels and also boost the immune system.
Beta-carotene is one of the essential nutrients in palm oil and it is very good for improving energy levels and boosting hormonal balance in the body.
2. Beta-carotene also helps to improve sight or vision.
3. It also protects the body from free radicals and other cardiovascular diseases.
4. Red palm oil also helps to reverse the symptoms of heart disease and protect against certain cancers. It is good for heart health.
5. Also, palm oil contains tocotrienols. Tocotrienols are also powerful anti-cancer agents that help ward off cancers of the skin, stomach, pancreas, liver, lung, colon, prostate and breast.