7 Foods You Should Eat After Terrible Break up
Break ups are devastating. Sometimes when it happen unexpectedly, it takes a very long time for the pain to heal. During those devastating moments, what we eat matters, some of the foods that we can eat are explained below;
1. Chocolate.– 1.4 ounces of dark chocolate daily has been found to reduce the stress hormone cortisol, which may peak after a stressful event.
2. Whole Grains.- Rich in carbohydrates, whole grains may boost the production of the feel good chemical serotonin.
3. Salmon.- Fatty fish is a great source of depression reducing omega-3 fatty acids, which can also prevent stress hormones from peaking.
4. Coconut.- Just the scent of this fruit may help to slow your heart rate and calm your ‘fight or flight’ response.
5. Oranges.- They are rich in vitamin C, which may help return stress hormones to normal faster after an episode of physical or emotional strain.
6. Pumpkin seeds.- They are rich in L-tryptophan, an amino acid with a documented calming effect.
7. Yogurt.- thanks to it’s rich vitamin D content, yogurt may help to fight against mood disorders and boost serotonin levels.