– Ways to cook vegetables without killing their nutrients.
– How to prepare the tasty and healthy vegetable.
Quite a large number of us already know that the importance of vegetables in human diet cannot be overemphasized. In fact, without the consumption of vegetable, your diet is incomplete, it is as good as healthy an unhealthy diet.
Eating vegetables save us from diverse diseases that threaten the health, it is also good for skin health, eye health as well as hair health. For a general well-being, it is necessary that you include vegetable into your diet.
However, despite the amazing health benefits that we can derive from the consumption of vegetables, it will shock you to know that you can eat vegetable and not derive any of its benefits. Wonder how this happen? It is because of the undue processes you apply in its preparation.
There are diverse types of vegetables, we have a large number of them including spinach, lettuce, bitter leaf, pumpkin leaves ad many others.
Due to the peculiarities of each type of vegetable, the way we cook them night also varies from one vegetable to another (though not in all cases).
There are many ways to cook your vegetables that will make them delicious and healthy. Here are some tips that will help you prepare your tasty and healthy vegetable;
1. The first thing to know is that you must not boil your vegetable. Boiling vegetables kill the essential nutrients in them and make them useless to the health.
If you think you will not be able to eat it without boiling, steaming is a better option.
2. Ensure that the ingredients that you want to use are fresh. For instance; your pepper must be fresh.
3. It is also advisable that you rinse your vegetables before slicing them, this will help preserve their essential nutrients and vitamins.
4. Also, ensure that you do not boil your pepper, just fry directly. You don’t have to boil it first and then fry it, just spice up the pepper and fry.
5. Ingredients such as onions, garlic, and ginger also make your vegetable taste better, you can add them. Although, this is optional as we have some people that are allergic to these.
6. Do not overcook your vegetable as well. Overcooking also destroys the nutrients in the vegetable.